- 250g butter, softened
- 3/4 cup (155g) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups (300g) plain flour, sifted
- 1/2 cup (90g) rice flour, sifted
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Grease 2 oven trays. Line with baking paper. Using an electric mixer, beat butter, 2/3 cup sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. Stir in sifted flours.
- Divide dough into 2 portions. Shape into 2 discs. Roll 1 portion between 2 sheets of baking paper to form a 20cm round. Carefully transfer to prepared tray. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Using a small knife, score each round into 8 wedges, being careful not to cut all the way through. Pinch edges of rounds to form a scalloped effect. Prick top of rounds with a fork. Sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden, swapping the trays halfway through cooking. Cool on the trays and then serve.