- 400g good-quality dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup thickened cream
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange rind
- 2 teaspoons candied orange peel
- Follow step 1 of Basic truffle recipe (see related recipe), using 200g chocolate and replacing vanilla with orange juice. Stir orange rind into chocolate mixture.
- Follow step 2 of Basic truffle recipe (see related recipe). Freeze until firm.
- Place remaining chocolate in a heatproof, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave, uncovered, on medium (50%) for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring every minute with a metal spoon, or until melted and smooth. Using a fork, dip truffles in chocolate, shaking off excess. Return truffles to tray. Top each truffle with 1 piece of candied peel. Refrigerate until set.