Ingredients (serves 8)
- 1 whole garlic bulb
- 235g (1 cup) Neil Perry Fresh Signature Mayonnaise
- 85g (1/3 cup) sour cream
- 2 tbs chopped fresh chives
- 1.2kg-piece beef fillet, fat trimmed
- 2 tbs wholegrain mustard
- 2 tbs Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh tarragon leaves
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Wrap garlic in foil. Roast for 30 minutes. Unwrap. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool. Halve horizontally.
- Squeeze garlic flesh into a bowl. Stir in the mayonnaise, sour cream and chives. Cover with plastic wrap. Place in the fridge.
- Use unwaxed white kitchen string to tie the beef at 4cm intervals. Place combined mustard and tarragon in a bowl. Rub over beef. Place in a roasting pan. Roast for 35 minutes for medium-rare or until cooked to your liking. Cover. Set aside for 10 minutes to rest.
- Thinly slice the beef. Place on a platter. Serve with aioli.