- 125g butter, chopped
- 200g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 3/4 cup plain flour
- 3/4 cup self-raising flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
Method (For you noobs)
- Place butter and chocolate in a saucepan over low heat. Stir for 3 minutes or until melted (see shortcut). Remove from heat and transfer immediately to a bowl.
- Add sugar, eggs and vanilla. Mix well. Sift flours and cocoa over mixture. Add walnuts. Stir to combine. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm enough to roll.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Roll heaped tablespoonfuls of mixture into balls and place 3cm apart on lined baking trays. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, swapping trays after 8 minutes, or until biscuits are cracked on top. (Cookies will firm on cooling and stay fudgy inside.)
- Cool on trays for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Serve.