Ingredients (serves 4)
- 500g-piece topside beef, thinly sliced across the grain
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- 3 tsp cornflour
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- 2 tbs peanut oil
- 1 brown onion, halved, cut into thin wedges
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped fresh garlic chives
- 1 bunch broccolini, cut into 4cm lengths
- 160ml (2/3 cup) vegetable stock
- 2 tbs kecap manis
- Steamed rice, to serve
- Combine the beef, soy sauce, cornflour, sesame oil and pepper in a large bowl.
- Heat 3 tsp of the peanut oil in a wok over high heat until just smoking. Add half the beef mixture and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes or until brown. Transfer to a heatproof bowl. Repeat with 3 tsp of the remaining oil and the remaining beef mixture, reheating wok between batches.
- Heat the remaining oil in the wok over medium-high heat until just smoking. Add the onion and stir-fry for 2 minutes or until soft. Add the garlic and half the chives and stir-fry for 1 minute or until aromatic. Add broccolini and stock and stir-fry for 3 minutes or until broccolini is bright green and tender crisp.
- Return beef to the wok along with the kecap manis and remaining chives and stir-fry for 1 minute or until mixture boils and thickens. Serve with steamed rice.