Ingredients (serves 4)
- 4 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 2 tbs basil pesto
- 4 x 100g skinless salmon fillets
- 4 cherry tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup (80ml) lemon juice, plus extra wedges to serve
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tbs sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Halve each sheet of pastry. Spread 2 teaspoons of pesto in the centre of 4 sheets, leaving a 3-4cm pastry border. Place a salmon fillet on each and season with salt and pepper. Lay overlapping slices of tomato on top of each salmon fillet. Drizzle with lemon juice and brush the pastry border with some beaten egg.
- Cut 4-5 long slits in the centre of the remaining 4 pastry pieces. Lay each piece of pastry over a salmon fillet, pulling slightly to separate strips, then press down the edges and trim, making each parcel into a neat rectangle. Brush the pastries all over with beaten egg and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Using a fish slice, carefully lift the parcels onto the prepared baking tray, bake for 20-25 minutes until the fish is just cooked through and pastry is puffed and golden. Serve with lemon wedges and a green salad, if desired.