Ingredients (serves 6)
- 1 small baguette, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 free-range eggs
- 2 cos lettuce, outer leaves discarded, leaves separated, rinsed, dried
- 1 cup Caesar salad dressing (see related recipe)
- 6 anchovy fillets, rinsed, halved lengthways
- 80g parmesan cheese, shaved
Method (For those who don't know how to cook chicken and make a salad. LOL)
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Place bread slices on a large oven tray. Brush both sides with oil. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden. Set aside to cool.
- Place eggs in a saucepan. Cover with cold water. Place over medium heat. Bring to the boil, stirring often to create a whirlpool (to centre yolks). Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 5 minutes. Drain. Refresh in cold water. Peel and cut eggs into 8 wedges.
- Arrange lettuce in a large serving bowl. Pour 1/3 cup dressing over lettuce and turn to coat. Top with croutons, anchovies and egg. Drizzle with remaining dressing and top with parmesan. Season with freshly ground black pepper. Serve.
Note: Don't use eggs if you don't like them, Personally I wouldn't mix eggs with a quality salad like this.